Many of the prints you see here at ChrisEaves.com are now available for purchase and immediate shipment at Midnight Owl Gallery. If you’ve enjoyed my work, please consider purchasing a print for your wall or to give as a gift. All my prints that you […]
NOLA series, part 16 of 17.
I wandered around the City Park neighborhood a bit with a red filter on the camera to see how I liked shooting with it for black and white shots. As always, there’s a ton of character around New Orleans, even in the utilities.
- Eaves, Chris (March 23, 2019). Peeling Light [Photograph]. New Orleans, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 36mm, 1/500 sec., f4 at ISO1000 with a red filter.
NOLA series, part 14 of 17. We didn’t eat here, but next time we’re in town we’ll make an attempt. This whole neighborhood is abuzz with great energy and ample opportunities for wholesome fun. Eaves, Chris (March 24, 2019). Superior Waiting [Photograph]. New Orleans, Louisiana. […]
NOLA series, part 13 of 17.
By the time we got to this point of the ride, it was getting quite dim outside, and it seemed as if the street cars were starting to congregate like fireflies in a summer field.
- Eaves, Chris (March 24, 2019). Four on St. Charles [Photograph]. New Orleans, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 100mm, 1/60 sec., f4.5 at ISO2000.
Part 10 of 17.
I was trying to get a pick of the roller-coaster riders, but instead, I had the manual focus set to the wrong stop and ended up getting the portapotties and mural in focus. I’m not exactly sure why the organizers Louisiana Crawfish Festival in Chalmette chose a patriotic mural as the spot to line up a couple dozen loos, but it does make for an interesting statement.
- Eaves, Chris (March 25, 2019). Patriotic Loos [Photograph]. Chalmette, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 40mm, 1/250 sec., f5.6 at ISO50.
Part 9 of 17. This back porch in New Orleans offers great ventilation, but not much in the way of water or bug protection. Eaves, Chris (March 23, 2019). Cracking a Window [Photograph]. New Orleans, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 70mm, 1/4000 sec., f4 […]
Part 8 of 17. Enjoy the textures and light of this still life. Eaves, Chris (March 25, 2019). Plantation Still Life [Photograph]. Vacherie, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D 170mm, 1/200 sec., f5.6 at ISO1250. Support me on Patreon (chriseaves), and sign up for the Get […]
Part 7 of 17.
When the plantation was built, the Mississippi River would have been visible from here. The levee blocks the view now, but we can pretend.
- Eaves, Chris (March 25, 2019). Front Porch [Photograph]. Vacherie, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 17mm, 1/100 sec., f4 at ISO100.
Part 5 of 17. A student takes advantage of the wonderful spring weather in New Orleans to study outside. These benches along the bayou are functional at best, and I couldn’t quite bring myself to actually sit on any of them. Eaves, Chris (March 23, […]
Part 4 of 17.
You’ll see all kinds of things on the Bayou St. John, including kayaks, canoes and paddle boards, and sometimes furry companions ride along, too.
- Eaves, Chris (March 23, 2019). On the Bayou [Photograph]. New Orleans, Louisiana. Shot on Canon 6D at 300mm, 1/1000 sec., f5.6 at ISO200.
Supporters on Patreon (chriseaves) can see the entire series now. And don’t forget to sign up for the Get Social, Get Art sweepstakes over at MidnightOwl.Gallery to win a matted print from my collection.