Back in 2006 I visited Toronto while I considered a Ph.D. program in Marketing. While there, I saw this new housing development and couldn’t resist taking a photo of the low winter sun illuminating the townhomes.
We’re almost to the end of my Montreal series. Today brings us part 9 of 10.
The clear acrylic panels of the Montreal Biosphere burned away in a fire back in 1976, but the structure remains. Today it houses exhibits on climate, as well as this interesting sphere-within-a-sphere lounge.
- Eaves, Chris (Aug. 30, 2018). Sphere Regression [Photograph]. Montreal, Canada. Shot on a Canon 6D at 40mm, 1/250 sec., f8.0, ISO100
Welcome to my Montreal series! Today is part 7 of 10, and the final image in a mini-Metro series within my Montreal montage. The efficiency of the Metro is amazing. This photo wasn’t taken in the middle of the night. We had just missed a […]
Welcome to my Montreal series! Today is part 6 of 10, and we’re in the middle of mini-Metro series amid it all.
Today’s pic is all about textures and shapes. What I realized most when looking back at the photos from the trip is that I really, really liked carrying around the 6D with just the 40mm pancake lens. Hauling around the Bronica SQ-A wasn’t horrible, but the 6D-40mm setup felt like as light as a feather. I realize that’s not really the case, but it’s all about perspective. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this subway abstraction.
- Eaves, Chris (Sept. 1, 2018). Metro Abstractions [Photograph]. Montreal, Canada. Shot on a Canon 6D at 40mm, 1/125 sec., f2.8, ISO1600
Today is part 3 of 10 in my Montreal series.
Coming from Chicago with its lake, Montreal does well with the fast-flowing river at its doorstep. Here’s the typical idyllic scene of Quebec in all its mid-Summer glory. The first two photos in this series were both analog shots, and I have a rather nice one of this scene, too. Heck. Why not? Here’s a bonus version of the same scene, but this time on Fujifilm Provia 100F.
- Eaves, Chris (Sept. 1, 2018). Summer Daydreams [Photograph]. Montreal, Canada. Shot on a Canon 6D at 40mm, 1/500 sec., f4.0, ISO100
- Eaves, Chris (Sept. 1, 2018). Analog Summer Daydreams [Photograph]. Montreal, Canada. Shot on a Bronica SQ-A at 80mm, 1/500 sec., f4.0, on Fujifilm Provia 100F
Which do you like better, the digital or analog version? Let me know on my social channels!
Another shot from that 2008 trip to Canada’s capital. The tower, known as Peace Tower, is so tall (302ft) that craning your neck is almost a given.
- Eaves, Chris (Sept. 1, 2008). Left Leaning [Photograph]. Ottawa, Canada. Shot on a Canon Digital Rebel XTi at 40mm, 1/50 sec., f22, ISO100